Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wasted time

Called in sick to my externship today, because the numerous reports I have backlogged were not completed. Should have completed most of them today, but I had a hard time waking up. Slept in until 12:50pm! Frustrated with myself. However, I did complete my lecture for tomorrow. Also, made a work plan for the week. A bit worried that I have a lot of work to do tomorrow, since I did very little work today.

Finished The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd last week. Really enjoyed it. Loved the characters and the message of the strength of relationships. Wasn't crazy about a few parts, but it didn't mar the overall experience of the book for me. Especially liked that it was an incredibly fast read for me, which is unusual for me lately. Started Better Off by Eric Bende over the weekend. It's about the real-life experiences of a man and his wife who have decided to live with as little modern-day technology as possible. I think this will be another fast read for me as well.

Saw my good friend over the weekend. Finally saw her beautiful baby daughter. The visit and the 6 hour round-trip drive were both good for me. I need to remember to balance my life a little better with regard to work/school and socialization/vacation time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home