Sunday, April 09, 2006

Another week(end) ends

So, the end of another week(end) and the beginning of another week. This was the first weekend in a long time that I didn't feel completely stressed out. Where I didn't feel guilty for relaxing or doing something fun. Where I was able to relax without having a million things running through my head that HAD to get done by Sunday night. I'm not sure why I felt so different this weekend. Maybe it was the two days off I gave myself. Or that Spring Break starts this week. It's funny, because I do have a lot of work to do, both school/work-related and personal stuff. But none of it seemed to bother me.

Today, I slept in a bit, since I couldn't fall asleep until 2:30am last night. Then I had lunch, showered, and relaxed until it was time to go to a dinner party. I was completely on the fence about going to the dinner party: I wasn't going to know may people, I had work to do, I felt awkward about the host. However, I went and had such a wonderful time. I also talked with some colleagues and decided that I will not continue my externship through the summer (I'm 85% sure about this). Tonight, I should complete two reports. But I'm only going to do one, so I can get a decent night's sleep, since I have plenty of work to do tomorrow. Tomorrow, I am off to my externship. Then home to work on 2nd report, lecture prep, and research prep.

Really enjoying my current read Better Off by Eric Brende. (I wish I was able to figure out how to create a sidebar for my current reading list!)Would my husband be up for a year-long retreat from technology?? It's sounding awfully good to me right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home